Struggling With Student Loan Payments?

For many people, student loans were the only way they could afford college or graduate school. But now those loans may be part of an out-of-control debt burden that is dragging you down. You need qualified help to get past the frustration and desperation of having more debt than you can afford to repay.

At The Day Law Office, we give people a fresh start with their finances using bankruptcy law. Our team of experienced attorneys will educate you about your options for relieving the burden your student loans have placed on your life. We will be your representatives and advocates at every step of the bankruptcy process.

The Facts About Chapter 13 Bankruptcy And Student Loans

You may have heard that you cannot use Chapter 13 bankruptcy to discharge student loan debt. While this is generally true, Chapter 13 can still help relieve the burden in the following ways:

  • Filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy triggers an automatic stay on debt collection activities and can temporarily halt your obligation to pay
  • Under Chapter 13 bankruptcy, your repayment plan is based on your ability to pay, so your monthly payments may be significantly reduced
  • In limited circumstances, the bankruptcy court may discharge your student loans entirely if they are creating “undue hardship,” though this is reserved for extreme cases

We will go over your finances with you and tailor our advice accordingly. Our lawyers have each practiced law in Hernando County, Florida, for more than 20 years. Because we work as a team on each case we take, you will have the full benefit of our abilities.

Don’t Give In To Fear. We Will Help You Overcome Overwhelming Student Loan Debts.

You do not have to live with unreasonable student loan debt. Instead, let us help you get you back to financial health. Call Day Law at 352-200-2382 or toll-free at 352-200-2382 to schedule a confidential legal consultation at our office in Spring Hill. You can also contact us online.

*We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.