Sandra is cofounder of the Day Law Office and practices in the area of consumer bankruptcy. She has filed over 3600 consumer bankruptcy cases in the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division. She graduated from Georgia State University in Atlanta, Georgia with a Business degree in 1989, and her law degree from Thomas Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan in 1995.
Sandra is very active in the community and served on the Board of Directors of the Hernando County Y.M.C.A. for five years. She has chaired the Y.M.C.A. Annual Giving Campaign two consecutive years and was President of the Y.M.C.A. Board for two years also. Sandra served on the Pasco-Hernando Community College Foundation Board of Directors from 2008-2011. She enjoys fundraising and creating awareness for local organizations that impact our community in a positive way.
Sandra is a long time member of the Hernando County Bar Association and served as President in 2006-2007 and chaired the annual Law Week program. She is also a member of the Tampa Bay Bar Association and the National Association of Bankruptcy Attorneys.
Most recently, in 2011, Sandra co-founded, My Career Closet, a non-profit in Hernando County that assists women in need of interview suits and business clothing. All of the clothing is donated and the organization is run strictly by volunteers. The Day Law Office serves as one of the a drop off locations.
In September, 2016 she stepped up to help displaced residents of Hernando Beach after Hurricane Hermine came through. She set up a GoFundMe account and raised over $10,000.00 in one week. She also collected furniture and household donations for the displaced residents to help them get back on their feet.
Sandra is active and passionate about helping people and enjoys what she does for a living as she feels she really helps people. Because Sandra lives in Hernando County, she sees past and present clients all of the time when she is out and is constantly reminded that she is helping people get a fresh start. It brings her joy to hear stories of how her clients have rebounded and bounced back from bankruptcy.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy Law
- Collections & Repossessions
- Commercial Bankruptcy
- Consumer Bankruptcy
- Creditors' Rights
- Debt Discharge
- Reorganizations & Restructuring
- Florida, 1999
- South Carolina, 1996
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia
- Major: Business Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Junior Service League, Provisional Chairperson, 2000 to Present
- Hernando-Citrus Inns of Court, 2000 to Present
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys - NACBA.ORG, Present
- Hernando County Bar Association, President, 2006 to 2007
- Tampa Bay Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Bankruptcy Attorneys, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of the Hernando County YMCA
- Annual Giving Campaign, Chair
- President of the YMCA Board
- Pasco-Hernando Community College Foundation Board of Directors, 2008 to 2011