Restructure And Reduce Your Debt Through Chapter 13
Not everyone qualifies to eliminate some of their debts through Chapter 7 bankruptcy. And not everyone thinks that Chapter 7 is right for them. That’s why Chapter 13 bankruptcy, under which you can restructure ALL of your debt, may be the right option for you and your family.
If you reside anywhere along the Florida Central Gulf Coast and need a fresh start from your debt problems, talk to an experienced bankruptcy law attorney at The Day Law Office in Spring Hill. Filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy gives you time to reorganize your finances, while protecting you from the adverse actions of creditors such as harassment, home foreclosure, car repossession and garnishments.
Learn more at our Misinformation And Truths page.
Is Chapter 13 The Better Option For You?
Here are some of the reasons Chapter 13 may be the better option:
- The day you file, all creditors’ harassment and legal actions against you are immediately stopped, including foreclosure proceedings.
- You can lump the total of ALL your debts into a single debt repayment plan, supervised by the bankruptcy court trustee. Upon successfully paying off the plan, your debts will be discharged.
- Future creditors may not hold Chapter 13 against you as much as they will Chapter 7.
Why Think About Chapter 13 Instead Of Chapter 7?
There are many reasons why you may choose to file Chapter 13 bankruptcy instead of Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Here are a few examples:
- You make too much money to file Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- You have assets that you would not be able to protect using Chapter 7 bankruptcy exemptions.
- You want to stop the mortgage company from foreclosing on your house.
- You want to remove a second mortgage from your home.
- You want to prevent a lender from repossessing your car.
- You want to pay tax debts over time.
- You are not eligible to file Chapter 7 bankruptcy because already filed within the past eight years.
Don’t Worry Another Day Longer
There is no reason to feel ashamed about filing for bankruptcy. The only true shame would be if you waited any longer before taking action.
*We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.