We Can Help You Modify Your Divorce Order

A divorce or paternity judgment reflects the needs of the parties involved at the time it was created. However, the Florida court understands that your family’s needs change with time. If your circumstances have changed significantly since your divorce, you may be able to obtain a modification of your child support, alimony or time-sharing order.

At The Day Law Office, in Spring Hill, in the heart of Hernando County, our Florida family law lawyers understand that your needs change. We are committed to helping you pursue or resist a modification to a family law order. To discuss your legal concerns with our knowledgeable post-judgment modifications attorney, call us at 352-200-2382 today.

Various Reasons For Post-Judgment Modifications

Prior divorce settlements may now be outdated or impossible to follow due to circumstances out of your control. If your income changed drastically, the child support payments you are making may no longer be feasible. As your children’s needs change, you may not be able to see them as often as you would like. When your circumstances change dramatically, you may be able to obtain a modification of:

  • Child support: If you lost your job or your income decreased significantly, you may be able to modify your child support agreement.
  • Child custody and time sharing: Sometimes, changes in your children’s schedules may make an existing custody schedule hard to maintain. In other cases, the other parent may not be meeting his or her time-sharing obligations. All changes to time sharing must be made in the child’s best interests.
  • Parental relocation: Parents must either agree on the relocation or obtain a modification from the court before moving the child. The courts consider the best interest of the child when making decisions about parental relocation. When determining whether the move is in the child’s best interests, the courts will examine the child’s age, relationship with each parent, reasons for the move and the potential impact the move will have on the child’s development.
  • Alimony: If you have had a loss of income or your spouse has remarried, you may be able to modify or cease spousal support obligations.

Contact Our Offices To Learn More

You don’t have to live with a court judgment that has become impossible for you to handle. Call our offices at 352-200-2382, or contact us by email to request a consultation with one of our lawyers as soon as possible.